Sunday, September 4, 2011

25 Drive In


My husband and I stumbled across this theater about 2 years ago. We fell in love with it immediately! Our little girl will now ask us what movie we are going to see every Saturday night.
I have come to realize that not many people know that there is a drive in Movie Theater in Greenwood SC. So I decided to make this my first Rave.


There are now two screens at the 25 Drive In. They added the second one over the summer this year. Both screens play the newest and latest movies. For example this weekend they had Cars2, The Smurfs, Apollo 18 and the new Spy Kids 4 playing.
During the summer months it is $7 for adults and $5 for children and then there are times like right now where their prices are $5 per person or $20 for the car load. They also do specials for big movies such as Harry Potter and Twilight, like having a midnight showing on Thursday night for $10 a person with a free popcorn and drink.
The first movie starts at 9pm (Or once it gets dark), but you want to come early for dinner. They have lots to choose from like hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos and cheese, baked potatoes with ranch dressing, fries and so much more, and they are reasonably priced. The money that they make from their food sales goes to help keep the theater up and running. They also do souvenir cups so when you but the first drink it is $4, however after that all sodas are $1 and tea is free and if you bring your cup back on the next visit again sodas are $1 and tea is free. The popcorn is only carnival size but it’s also only $.99.
They also have it set up that if you would like to bring your own food in they charge you an $8 fee. This again goes to assist in the upkeep of the theater and aids them in getting the newest movies to show.
There is a playground for the children to play on before each movie starts. They have it set up that you can sit at tables in from of the restaurant or you can relax in your car, bring chairs, blankets or whatever you need to relax and enjoy the show.
The owners are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. They are friendly and welcoming. Always willing to stop and chat with anyone and they are always smiling.
This is a wonderful way to spend an evening on a date or as a family or even with a group of friends.
So, I encourage everyone to go out and check out the 25 Drive In!
Visit their web-page and FaceBook fan page below for movies listings, prices and directions to: 3109 Hwy 25 South Greenwood, SC 29646
www.facebook.com/#!/pages/25-Drive-In-Auto-Theatre/104110615697

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Colorado! I'm bored at work so I decided to check out your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the info you provide here and can't wait to take a look when I get home.
I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G
.. Anyhow, awesome site!
Also visit my blog post :: bacalaos

Post a Comment

Leave a comment?